Emergency Lighting Systems
The National Construction code of Australia requires all commercial building to be fitted with an approved emergency evacuation lighting system. All exit and emergency lights must be regularly tested to ensure that they will operate correctly in the event of an emergency.
Fire Safe ANZ tests all emergency evacuation lighting systems according to AS 2293.1 & AS 2293.2.
Fire Safe ANZ Electricians will test and replace lighting units as required and can upgrade entire buildings systems to comply with the required standards.
A compliant system requires the following;
- Separated lighting circuit
- Timed test facility
- An adequate amount exit and emergency lights
Frequently encountered faults include
- Spent Globes / Fluorescent Tubes
- Mixed or undedicated lighting circuits
- Damaged fittings (hit by ladders)
- Spent batteries
Testing Frequency: 6 Monthly